Ensures optimal drug therapy by designing therapy, monitoring and dispensing medications, and directing
the work of supportive staff to maximize positive patient outcomes.
* Supervises the work of supportive personnel (ie: pharmacy technician and associates) through monitoring and checking activities to ensure safe and accurate preparation and dispensing of drugs and to meet federal and state regulations.
* Optimizes drug therapy for the general patient population by designing drug therapy that is appropriate, correct, and cost-effective in order to maximize positive outcomes.
* May provide direct patient care for pain management through patient evaluation, recommendations, and follow-up in response to the physician's request or as part of the critical path.
* Maintains safety of drug therapy for the general patient population by utilizing a variety of screening mechanisms and input from others (ie: health care providers, the patient, and the patient's family) in order to identify, prevent and resolve adverse drug events.
* Provides useful drug information through participation on Health Care Team activities.
* Investigates and resolves drug and/or pharmacy related problems for immediate need or broader, longer term review by conducting investigative studies and/or utilizing effective problem solving techniques to ensure a high performing medication use system.
* Documents interventions, outcomes, and other statistics manually and/or through electronic documentation on a daily or sporadic basis to demonstrate activity and success and provide an opportunity for quality improvement.
* Periodically may be required to function as a charge pharmacist.
* Demonstrates support for the mission values and goals of the organization through behaviors that are consistent with the CCMC standards.
BS degree in Pharmacy required.
Hospital pharmacy experience required.
Pharmacy residency or other advanced training preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled