Premier Medical Associates is seeking a team-oriented Clinical pharmacist to assist our practice. in optimizing utilization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for supporting NeueHealth's pharmacy operations. The Clinical Pharmacist will be responsible for providing support to clinical programs, managing oversight of the drug pipelines (generic and new brands), and providing support to each market to increase drug affordability, improve quality measures and positively impact the member experience.
Daily responsibilities include and are not limited to:
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Monitoring drug utilization in conjunction with Medical Analysts and assisting the leadership team in understanding quality and cost control issues related to pharmacy
- Reviewing patient medication profiles and applying evidence-based medicine and guidelines when creating recommendations to physicians for optimizing medication regimens
- Analyzing and reviewing medication lists on inpatient admissions and the CCM high-risk patients for suboptimal medication regimens and potential safety problems including drug interactions
- Working with health insurance pharmacy directors and their PBMs to manage formulary changes and providing updates to the clinical leadership
- Serving as a formulary, pharmacy benefits and drug information resource
- Assisting Health Service, Network, Quality and HEDIS/STARs departments
- Assisting the Chief Medical Officer and Pharmacy Director in planning and implementing new and revised clinical programs
- Required Qualifications
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) is required
- Ten (10) years' experience in the pharmacy industry
- Preferred Qualifications
- PGY1 Residency (Pharmacy Practice, Ambulatory Care or Community) or 5 years' experience in in-patient hospital, ambulatory or transitional care environment
- Board Certification (BCPS, BCACP, Geriatrics)
- Spanish speaking
- Medication Reconciliation OR Medication Therapy Management (MTM) experience
- Knowledge and experience of Medicare Part D, Individual & Family Plans (IFP), Commercial and Medicaid pharmacy business is preferred.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Capable of influencing provider prescribing behavior through education and support
- Proficient in simplifying complex clinical information into tactical clinical programs that reduce pharmacy costs and promote quality measures
- Comfortable following timeline driven workplans and managing multiple projects
- Strong operational mindset and ability to use data to draw insights
- Must thrive in collaborative environments
- Active and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in the State of FL required within 6 months of hire.