Clinical Pharmacy Specialist/Supervisor – Internal Medicine
Orlando Regional Medical Center, an 808-bed tertiary care teaching facility, seeks a highly qualified clinical pharmacist to participate in direct patient care activities in Internal Medicine and to support the delivery and development of pharmacotherapy programs.
Organization, Facility, and Department Overview
Orlando Regional Medical Center is the flagship hospital of Orlando Health, one of Florida’s most comprehensive not-for-profit Health Systems that includes 10 wholly owned hospitals.
- Central Florida’s only Level I Trauma Center with over 4,000 trauma patients per year
- More than 350 Medical Residents and Fellows, 4 PGY-1Pharmacy Residents, 2 PGY-2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residents, 1 PGY-2 Emergency Medicine Pharmacy Resident, 1 PGY-2 Oncology Pharmacy Resident
- 115 Team Member Pharmacy Department providing service 24 X 7
- A team of 10 PGY-2 or equivalent trained Clinical Pharmacy Specialists focusing on Internal Medicine, Medical Critical Care, Surgical Critical Care, Neurocritical Care, Surgery/Trauma, Nutrition Support, Emergency Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, and Infectious Diseases. In addition, 2 Pool Clinical Pharmacy Specialists are available for support.
- Majority of Clinical Staff Pharmacists are PGY-1 Residency Trained
- Decentralized and Satellite services specializing in Critical Care, Burn/Trauma, Intermediate Critical Care, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Surgery, Medicine, Oncology, and the Operating Room.
- CPOE / EPIC, Alaris Smart IV Pumps, SwissLog BoxPicker, Omnicell
- Available resources: Drug Information Center, Medical library with librarian support, Drug information databases, Pharmacy Intranet Resources.
- Extensive committee involvement, including but not limited to, Pharmacotherapy, Medication Use Subcommittee, Bioethics, Geriatric Quality Improvement, Antimicrobial Stewardship Team, Pain Management Subcommittee, Diabetes Safe Team, and Heart Failure Taskforce.
- Extensive New Hire Orientation and Ongoing Staff Education Programs
- Excellent Benefits plus Competitive Salary
This Internal Medicine position offers an excellent opportunity to directly impact patient care and medication safety.
- Partner with an existing internal medicine-trained pharmacist
- Participate on patient care rounds with the internal medicine teaching service; provide therapeutic consultation as requested and assist in transitions of care.
- Participate in the training of an internal medicine physician residency program.
- Provide support for the Internal Medicine Hospitalist Group
- Offer continuous quality improvement through creation and revision of order sets, protocols, guidelines and policies.
- Assist in the enhancement of our computerized medical record to optimize the care of our internal medicine patients, throughout our organization and facility. This includes, but is not limited to, contributing to the development of reports, alerts, and clinical content.
- Collaborate on various multidisciplinary and corporate committees
- Serve as a mentor and drug information specialist for a growing decentralized clinical pharmacy staff.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary clinical translational research projects.
- Precept PGY-1 pharmacy residents and pharmacy students for rotations, research projects, seminars, MUEs and drug monographs.
- Participate in quality management initiatives such as, but not limited to: medication use evaluations, adverse drug reaction and medication error reporting, and guideline development and assessment.
Doctor of Pharmacy degree combined with PGY-1 residency. PGY-2 residency experience in internal medicine, pharmacotherapy, or equivalent experience preferred. Florida pharmacy licensure eligibility required.
For additional information please contact:
Stacie Hudgens, Pharm. D.
Clinical Pharmacy Manager
Orlando Regional Medical Center
52 W Underwood St, Mail Point 180
Orlando, FL 32806
Phone 321-841-1987 Fax 407-649-1827