Reporting to the Director of Clinical Programs, the Regional Clinical Pharmacist
is responsible for the safe, effective, evidence-based, and cost-effective selection and utilization of medication for patients in institutional facilities.
As a consultant, you will utilize your advanced pharmacist knowledge, skills, and professional judgment in all aspects of your work and serve as a patient advocate when planning and implementing pharmaceutical care within a multidisciplinary rounding team, collaborating with other healthcare professionals in a knowledgeable and professional manner. In addition, regional clinical pharmacists work closely with Correct Rx's clinical leadership team to design and lead clinical initiative programs to improve care/outcomes of patients at the state level.
This position allows a balance between completing assigned responsibilities and autonomy in clinical service provision and provides an opportunity for professional growth.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate, monitor, and enhance medication therapy and care planning with direct patient care clinics
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to provide pharmaceutical care in clinic settings
- Co-chair regional Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P&T) meetings with the regional medical director
- Complex Drug Utilization Review and Analysis
- Disease State Management
- Licenses: Maryland Pharmacist license
- Education level: PharmD
- Experience: at least one year of post-graduate residency training or 3-5 years of clinical provision experience in hospital or ambulatory care / chronic disease management
- Certifications: CPR, Board certification through the Board of Pharmacy Specialties or equivalent
About Correct Rx
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k)-immediate vesting
- Insurance: Health, Long Term Care, and Disability
- Days shift M-F, no weekend
- Off on major Holidays
The Mission of Correct Rx is to create a model pharmacy system for institutional facilities across the country that Optimizes Medication Therapy "OMT." We believe in improving patient care through accurate and timely delivery of medications in collaboration with innovative clinical programs and technology. Our clinical initiatives improve patient outcomes resulting in healthier patients, fewer complications, and reduced overall costs.
The core values of Correct Rx -- Integrity, Hard Work, Driven to Excellence, Innovation, and Charity
are founded upon caring and accuracy. Correct Rx embraces the concept that what they do and how well they perform their job matters. You will often hear them say, "If it's the Right way, it's the Correct way."