Clinical Pharmacy Manager AdventHealth TampaLocation Address:
3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers - the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full-Time/ DaysYou Will Be Responsible For:
- Manages and oversees the pharmaceutical care services, direct patient care programs, medication utilization systems to assure drug utilization activities are aligned with patient care needs, evidence-based best practices, and regulatory standards.
- Manages the activities and development of Pharmacists participating in the pharmacy service programs.
- Assists with preparation of an annual budget and manages assigned budgets and financial resources including designing and implementing stewardship, cost control, and restriction/surveillance programs.
- Maintain competent staff by coordinating training for new employees, coaching and mentoring of all employees, and routine communication to staff.
- Manages staff scheduling, daily assignments, and employee time off to assure appropriate coverage of pharmacy programs and patient care services.
- Develops student, resident, and staff training experiences/competencies and creates new relationships for teaching and training opportunities.
- Identifies, designs, and implements improvements in the medication use system to advance patient safety, maximize therapeutic outcomes, or control costs.
- Represents the department at hospital meetings, committees, and events as requested.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or other advanced pharmacy degree
- PGY1 & PGY 2 Pharmacy Residency in specialty area consistent with practice needs of institution plus contemporary hospital or specialty experience (3 years), with portfolio documenting sustained contribution to practice OR PGY1 Residency plus specialty practice experience (4 years) consistent with practice needs of institution, with portfolio documenting sustained contribution to practice required OR Clinical pharmacy experience in specialty practice (5 years) in a contemporary hospital setting, with portfolio documenting sustained contribution to practice required
Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties certificationLeadership experienceJob Summary:
The Clinical Pharmacy Manager (CM) is responsible for ensuring medication use is aligned with evidence-based best practices and regulatory standards. This leader manages the activities of pharmacists and oversees the day-to-day staffing and pharmacist coverage of patient care service lines and care areas. They actively manage human, capital, and operational resources to support patient care services, medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, and quality assurance programs. Coordinates the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee as well as its subcommittees. In concert with other managers, the CM will assist with employee evaluations, recruitment and training of new employees, pharmacy students and residents, with a focus on decentralized pharmacists.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.