Job DescriptionRequisition ID:
Full Time Benefits EligibleDepartment:
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
As members of a High Reliability Organization (HRO), every employee should practice CHAMP behavior and strive to make patient safety a top priority. To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day. This is an entry level clinical pharmacist position. The clinical pharmacist supports the vision, mission, and goals of YNHHS and the Department of Pharmacy and demonstrates competency in all basic clinical pharmacist skills.
- 1. Customer Service Quality
- 1.1 Demonstrate and promote CHAMP behaviors
2. Medication Management
- 2.1 Conduct timely, accurate medication order review that considers all patient characteristics including laboratory values and vital signs
3. Medication Preparation and Distribution
- 3.1 Demonstrate competency in pharmacy automation and technology as applicable to work area
4. Medication Safety, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality Assurance
- 4.1 Adhere to all departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines
- 5.1 Provide education and training to other pharmacy staff members, pharmacy students and residents, and health care team members.
6. Financial/Volume Results
- 6.1 Contribute to departmental cost-reduction/revenue generation
Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy with a B.S. or PharmD degree
Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency or equivalent experience is desirable, but not required. Hospital pharmacy experience is preferred.
Current Connecticut Pharmacist License, or eligible for pharmacist licensure in the state of Connecticut
This individual should demonstrate basic knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics, and understand pharmacy systems of drug distribution and formulary management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others are required. Additional Information
YNHHS Requisition ID