Clinical Pharmacist Specialist - Cardiology AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
* Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus
* Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
* Surgical Pioneers - the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
* Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
* Awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Provides primary coverage and leadership of direct patient care programs and multidisciplinary services to cardiology patients in the CIU, CSU, CCU, CPO and cardiac PCU
* Provides comprehensive coverage of decentralized cardiac pharmacy practice areas
* Works with Clinical Pharmacy Manager to develop metrics to document the provision of reliable, comprehensive, and individualized drug therapy that is aligned with patient needs, evidence-based best practices, regulatory standards, and budgetary targets
* Initiates and facilitates appropriate drug dosing and manages medication-related pharmacist consults
* Provides quality improvement and regulatory compliance initiatives and supports institutional accreditation processes
* Precepts and mentors Pharmacy Student Rotations and PGY1 Resident Rotations
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or other advanced pharmacy degree
* PGY1 & PGY 2 Pharmacy Residency in specialty area consistent with practice needs of institution OR PGY1 Residency plus specialty practice experience (3+ years) consistent with practice needs of institution, with portfolio documenting sustained contribution to practice required OR Clinical pharmacy experience in specialty practice (5+ years) in a contemporary hospital setting, with portfolio documenting sustained contribution to practice required
* Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties certification
* Applicable State Pharmacy License
Responsible for developing and providing clinical pharmacy services directly to patients.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.