At West Suburban Medical Center, we're dedicated to providing you with high-quality care. We invite independent, critical review on a continuous basis, and we welcome patient and visitor feedback. Your confidence and trust are important to us.
We adhere to five core values:
- Passion. Passion fuels everything we do.
- Compassion. We care about the health and well-being of all of our stakeholders.
- Innovation. We work together to come up with innovative solutions.
- Integrity. We work hard because the stakes are too high not to.
- Resilience. We embrace the challenges that come with serving our communities.
Our commitment to these values ensures that you can expect the care you deserve at West Suburban, no matter what has brought you here. We are looking for exceptional people who share our mission and values to join our team!JOB SUMMARY
Provides prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals and compounds medications, according to professional standards and practices.JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of ACPE accredited school of pharmacy at a college or university
- Licensed by the State Board of Pharmacy
- Two years residency preferred
- Two years inpatient/infusion center experience required.
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) within two years.
- Knowledge of pathophysiology, interpretation of diagnostic criteria, pharmacokinetics and pharmacotherapeutics preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with PCs and word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be accurate and prompt
- Must maintain total confidentiality of all patient records
- Demonstrates the WMH Transformation for Success eight elements, which are key in providing quality service to patients and customers.
- Evaluates medications orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications in age appropriate and acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
- Manages systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of medicinal agents using appropriate techniques and following the health systems policies; effectively oversees work of technical personnel who may be involved with these processes.
- Provides education or in-services on rational medication therapy and medication procedures effectively to health care professionals, students, patients, and the public.
- Retrieves, analyzes, evaluates, and interprets scientific literature in order to provide accurate, concise, applicable and timely drug information response to health professionals.
- Designs, implements, monitors, evaluates and intervenes in patient pharmacotherapy to ensure effective, safe and economical patient care.
- Applies clinical pharmacokinetic data to design effective, safe, and economical therapeutic medication regiments.
- Enhances skill sets through continuing education. Manages own professional practice including time, professional ethics, attendance and punctuality and customer focus.
- Participates in implementing goals and objectives, and policies and procedures for the department.
West Suburban Medical Center and Pipeline Health Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training