To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As members of a High Reliability Organization (HRO), every employee should practice CHAMP behavior and strive to make patient safety a top priority. To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day. This is an entry level clinical pharmacist position. The clinical pharmacist supports the vision, mission, and goals of YNHHS and the Department of Pharmacy and demonstrates competency in all basic clinical pharmacist skills.
- Customer Service Quality
- Demonstrate and promote CHAMP behaviors
- Medication Management
- Conduct timely, accurate medication order review that considers all patient characteristics including laboratory values and vital signs
- Medication Preparation and Distribution
- Demonstrate competency in pharmacy automation and technology as applicable to work area
- Medication Safety, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality Assurance
- Adhere to all departmental policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines
- Provide education and training to other pharmacy staff members, pharmacy students and residents, and health care team members.
- Contribute to departmental cost-reduction/revenue generation
Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy with a B.S. or PharmD degree
Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency or equivalent experience is desirable, but not required. Hospital pharmacy experience is preferred.
Current Connecticut Pharmacist License, or eligible for pharmacist licensure in the state of Connecticut