Your Role With Us:
The Pharmacy team at Salem Health is currently accepting applications for a Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator to join their team!
The Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator is responsible for leading, advising on, and coordinating clinical activities, workflows and projects relevant to the practice of pharmacy. Responsible for leading and working alongside frontline staff with daily oversight of workload assignments and personnel matters associated with services provided in Pharmacist managed patient care areas. Reports to Pharmacy/Clinic Manager or Director and is responsible for developing, initiating, maintaining, and reporting on area workload and quality improvement activities. Also responsible for coordinating communication of policies and procedures, as well as day to day operational needs. Assists in reviewing/screening candidates for employment and performs employee evaluations within area of responsibility.
Coordinate, collaborate, analyze, evaluate, implement, troubleshoot, and assist with tasks as necessary in maintaining or optimizing the following services:
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Pharmacy Clinical Services
- Pharmacy Operational Workflows
- Clinical workflows and best practices
- Quality and PSA activities
- Other Pharmacy clinical or operational services
Ensure all activities and policies comply with applicable:
- Credentialing standards (Critical Access Hospital, CMS, and Joint Commission)
- State and Federal law
- West Valley Hospital or Salem Health (including dual campus) Policy
- 340B Drug Purchasing Program
- Residency Accreditation standards
- Quality and safety best practices
- Other applicable policies and standards
Work in collaboration with leadership to:
- Support optimal clinical decision making and workflows
- Support evidence based medicine best practices
- Optimize EHR and other systems to support or enforce standards of practice
- Develop, monitor and adjust clinical services/programs
- Coordinate the development and implementation of drug use policies
- Manage hospital formulary
- Serve on system P&T committee and other relevant committees
- Foster staff participation in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating service activities and goals
- Implement and utilize technology
- Educate and teach staff and prescribers
Work in collaboration with leadership to adopt, develop and review:
- Best care practices
- Process Improvement
- Policies and Procedures
- Clinical Guidelines
- Quality improvement efforts in areas of responsibility
Supervises the following roles:
- Pharmacists (including Pharmacy Residents)
- Support staff
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacy Interns
- BS in Pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a practicing Pharmacist in a Hospital, Retail, or Clinic setting with successful completion of an ASHP accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency program required.
- Licensure by the Oregon Board of Pharmacy as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh.) required by date of hire; preceptor license within six (6) months of hire.
- Residency PGY1 required, PGY2 preferred.
- BLS from the AHA required within six (6) months of hire
- ACLS required within six (6) months of hire
- Board certification in an applicable specialty preferred
- Highly productive, ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Federal, State or other regulatory requirements related to the delivery of Pharmacist managed services
- Understanding of employee – employer relationships and the rules pertaining to supervising staff
- Experience in program development and/or management oversight in directing team based initiatives
- High level working knowledge in using software programs such as EPIC, Microsoft Office, etc. in delivery of care or service to patient/clients.
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse patient and employee population
- High level of detail orientation
We have many excellent opportunities available! To view all of our openings, please visit our career page at https://www.salemhealth.org/about/careers