Are you interested in working for an organization passionate about love and excellence?
At ChristianaCare Pharmacy - we are dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
As a Pediatric Clinical Pharmacist Specialist, you will deliver safe, effective, appropriate and cost-efficient therapy for the health care system with a focus on the pediatric inpatient and ambulatory patient population.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Round as a member of the interdisciplinary critical care team to deliver comprehensive medication management for all Pediatric patients
- Provide pharmacokinetic monitoring and therapeutic adjustments when a targeted drug is prescribed
- Prospectively evaluate all drug therapy for appropriate indication, dose, drug interactions, drug allergies, and monitor the patient's pharmacotherapeutic regimen for effectiveness and adverse drug events (ADEs), and intervene as needed
- Collaborate with pharmacists (e.g., emergency medicine, infectious diseases, transplant, oncology), as needed, to address patient and disease-specific therapeutic issues
- Verify medication orders in the PharmNet computer database for assigned unit during the first half of each daily shift
- Develop, enforce, and maintain guidelines, policies, and order sets that promote and improve patient outcomes
- Represent pharmacy on departmental and health system committees as assigned and contribute when pediatric pharmacotherapy issues are discussed
- Precept PGY1 Pharmacy Practice, PGY2 Critical Care, PGY2 Ambulatory residents, and pharmacy students as part of the Pediatrics Rotation
- Participate in research design, data analysis, and publication of study results as a preceptor for resident research projects
- Maintain a proficiency in knowledge related to current resources and primary pediatric pharmacotherapy literature
Education and experience requirements:
- Pharm.D., ASHP-accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency and ASHP-Accredited Specialty Residency in Pediatrics, required
- Board Certification in Pediatrics required within 2 years of hire
- Licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Delaware or eligible for reciprocity
Christiana Care Offers:
- Robust benefit package including full medical, dental and vision
- 403(b) with a company match
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition assistance for full time employees
About ChristianaCare Health System
ChristianaCare is one of the country’s most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women’s health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions and 6th for admission of stroke patients. ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our outstanding, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.