The Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty position. The faculty member will hold a clinical appointment at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in Emergency Medicine Pharmacy.
The Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy is recognized on all levels, local, state, national, and international, as providing one of the most challenging, dynamic, and satisfying Programs of Study leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy degree. In concert with supportive faculty and staff, students at the School build a foundation for learning that continues long after graduation.
The Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration focuses on the clinical and regulatory aspects of pharmacy practice. The mission of the Department is to participate in the preparation of students to provide pharmaceutical care in its varied practice settings. Graduating students are equipped with the necessary skills to adapt to a changing healthcare environment. Students are also provided with scientific fundamentals, ethics, and attitudes necessary to adapt their careers to changes in healthcare over their lifetime. This mission supports the overall mission of the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy in four critical areas: teaching, practice, scholarship, and service.
Founded in 1884, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) New Brunswick is an academic medical center whose Centers of Excellence include cardiovascular care from minimally invasive heart surgery to transplantation, cancer care, stroke care, neuroscience, orthopedics and women’s and children’s care, including The Bristol‐Myers Squibb Children’s Hospital (BMSCH).
As the principal teaching hospital of Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, RWJUH New Brunswick is an innovative leader in advancing state‐of‐the‐art care. Featuring a Level 1 Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center and the first Pediatric Trauma Center in the state, RWJUH’s New Brunswick campus serves as a national resource in its ground‐breaking approaches to emergency preparedness.
- The Faculty member is responsible for the provision of comprehensive clinical pharmacy services for the ED and all associated areas (eg. Pediatrics, Trauma, Stroke) including therapeutic consultation
- Manage and maintain pharmacist driven microbiology culture follow-up program
- Serve as residency program director for PGY-2 EM pharmacy residency program
- Serve as a preceptor and mentor PGY-1 pharmacy residents
- Support and advise residents for clinical project development and implementation, conference presentation, and manuscript preparation
- Develop, implement and maintain advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPE) In the area of emergency medicine
- Participate in didactic teaching at the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
- Coordinate selection and completion of research projects in collaboration with the Department of Emergency Medicine
- Documents clinical interventions (pharmacokinetic consultations, pharmacotherapeutic consultations, patient consultations) and cost avoidance as part of the Pharmacy Services and hospital performance improvement programs
- Participate in the development of medication use management programs including clinical guidelines, critical pathways, disease management, and medication optimization
- Participate on committees, teams, and task-forces relating to the area of preceptor’s individual practice
- Participate in the professional development and competency of pharmacy staff. Functions as a role model and as an educational resource for pharmacy staff
- Assist with coordinating clinical pharmacy activities, schedules, programs, and projects
- Serve as a liaison with the medical and nursing staff
- Ensure goals and activities are consistent with the mission of the Health System, Hospital and Department of Pharmacy
Applicants must have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and have completed at least two years of residency training Applicants must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of New Jersey and Board Certification is strongly encouraged