To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To Provide Comprehensive Pharmaceutical Care To All Areas Of The Lawrence & Memorial Hospital Systems.
1. Conducts Unit Inspections As Scheduled And Assures Safe Handling, Storage, Delivery Of Pharmaceutical To All Customers.
2. Reviews Medication Orders For Appropriateness To Assure Quality Pharmaceutical Care Is Provided.
3. Communicates With All Healthcare Providers To Ensure Good Pharmaceutical Care Is Provided To All Patients.
4. Monitor All Daily Activities Of The Pharmacy Technician While Providing Professional Role Model For All Members Of The Staff.
5. Prepares And Responds To Requests For Drug Information In An Appropriate Manner To Assure Good Pharmaceutical Care.
6. Participates In Pharmacy Lectures And Presentations As They Relate To Maintenance Or Improvement In Pharmaceutical Care.
7. Participates In Quality Assurance And Satisfies The Standards Of Jcaho And Regulatory Agencies Of Safe Pharmaceutical Care And Maintains Familiarity With All Federal And State Laws And Hospital Policies And Maintains Appropriate Records.
8. In The Absence Of Management Staff, The Pharmacist Must Supervise Technicians And Supportive Personnel And Manage The Workflow To Ensure All Functions Are Being Performed Appropriately And In A Timely Manner.
9. Maintains Skills To Provide Appropriate Pharmaceutical Care For All Customers.
10. Provides All Necessary Services To Provide Pharmaceutical Care To All Patients Serviced By The Institution (E.G. Order Entry, Drug Monitoring, Medication Checking, Etc.).
11. May Provide Independent Pharmacy Services At Pequot Health Center.
12. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
13. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bachelor's Degree In Pharmacy Or Doctor Of Pharmacy From An Accredited College.
Previous Hospital Experience Preferred But Not Required
State Of Connecticut Pharmacist License
Able To Effectively Communicate With All Customers