Responsible for the daily provision of pharmaceutical services to the patients of HonorHealth. Assures the appropriate selection, dosing, administration, and dispensing of medication orders. Provides support for clinical programs and practices within the ambulatory setting as well as medication order review with accuracy; check technician-prepared products before release; maintain security of pharmacy and controlled substances; aid in the training of new staff; participate in continuous quality improvement activities, such as drug-level monitoring, adverse event monitoring and medication error reporting. Provides drug information and participate in the education of patients, staff and physician on drug therapy. Opportunities are available in Scottsdale, Thunderbird, Avondale and Surprise, AZ.
- Monitors patients to assure optimal therapeutic outcomes. Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, adverse drug reactions, and appropriateness of drug and dose. Identifies and intervenes when problems involving drug therapy arise (i.e. allergies, drug interactions, therapeutic duplication, and adverse drug reactions).
- Functions as a therapeutic consultant and works collaboratively with providers to provide guidance on appropriate use of medications, clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, disease state management, and nutrition. Recommends evidence-based medication therapy regimens and monitoring plans. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
- Reads, extracts, and interprets information in patient charts accurately. Documents clinical activity/interventions as performed. Provides pharmacokinetic consultation services as directed per protocol. Follows and adjust medications based on patient specific factors (renal function, weight, etc.) as directed per protocol.
- Reviews/interpret culture and susceptibility data for antibiotic appropriateness and recommend changes as needed. Evaluates need for all non-formulary medication requests and initiates approved therapeutic medications substitutions. Sustains formulary by minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols, and promoting rational drug therapy selection. Performs a comprehensive medication review for patients with a cancer diagnosis in the Ambulatory Care setting
- Verifies and monitors the preparation of sterile and non-sterile compounded admixtures.
- Demonstrates aseptic technique and proficiency in chemotherapy preparation and order processing.
- Oversees and directs pharmacy support personnel including the daily activities of technicians.
- Demonstrates proficiency in chemotherapy preparation and order processing.
Accurately re-establishes priorities based on workload and patient needs and ensures that medication doses are delivered within established departmental guidelines.
- Provides therapeutic consultation to assist with resolution of medication related problems and improve quality of care in a cost-effective manner. Applies principles of evidence-based medicine to establish patient-specific therapeutic drug regimens. Adheres to the clinical practices approved by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee (e.g. collaborative practice agreement). Collaborates with the healthcare team to optimize medication management. Appropriately documents all patient care activities in the electronic medical record. Demonstrates accurate and thorough documentation skills. Facilitates pharmacist-to-provider communication of clinical interventions and recommendations.
- Competes patient outreach in a timely manner and proactively plans subsequent follow-up when needed. Conducts direct patient care interactions via telehealth or face-to-face encounters. Provides essential medication education to patients and caregivers to promote medication adherence and safety. Provides educational information to physicians, nurses, and allied healthcare professionals as needed or assigned.
- Oversees and directs pharmacy support personnel, including daily activities of technicians or medical office assistants when needed. May serve as a preceptor for pharmacy students and/or pharmacy residents if criteria are met as established by the College of Pharmacy and/or American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Actively participates in the education and training of new pharmacy employees.
- Pharm.D. Graduate of an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy with a minimum of Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent experience.
- Registered Pharmacist (RPh) Licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Arizona.
- Up to $10,000 in Transition Incentives
- Tuition assistance up to $5,250* per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance with domestic partner coverage
- 403(b) retirement savings plan that provides immediate vesting and dollar-dollar match up to 4%
- On-site child and elder care centers
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking, discounted bus passes, fitness facilities
*terms and conditions apply
For more information or to connect with a recruiter, email Keri-Ann Warner: firstname.lastname@example.org
HonorHealth System Overview:
- Six acute-care hospitals
- Three Level I trauma centers
- 15 Virginia G. Piper Cancer Care Network locations
- 12,000 employees
- Medical group with 70+ primary, specialty and urgent care locations
- 500+ ongoing clinical trials and studies at the HonorHealth Research Institute
- System-wide, fully integrated Epic EMR
- Five Magnet® recognized hospitals
- Recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review, 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare 2019
- Recognized by Forbes, Best Employers 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- All HonorHealth Medical Centers achieved B or higher rating in the spring 2019 The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades
Learn more and apply online: Jobs.HonorHealth.com
Phoenix and Scottsdale are known for high-end resorts, golf courses, vibrant nightclubs and professional sports, but the city’s biggest attraction may be the sunshine, winter warmth and more than 41,000 acres of mountain parks and desert preserves.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.