Our client, an independently-owned leader in long-term care pharmacy, is seeking to add a Director of Consulting and Clinical Services to their team.
Based in the Chicago area, the individual in this role will be responsible for the oversight of pharmacy consulting, education, and clinical services provided to long-term care facilities contracted by the pharmacy.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Customer Success, responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement pharmacy goals and objectives on an ongoing basis consistent with company's strategic and operating plan.
- Participate in the implementation and/or transition of services for any new business.
- Manage consultant pharmacists, services, and resources according to Forum's goals, policies, and practices.
- Participate in the development of departmental strategic and operational plans.
- Plan and execute clinical pharmacy initiatives and quality improvement programs within facilities.
- Lead and coordinate daily consultant pharmacy operations to meet customer needs and achieve desired results..
- Assure compliance with pharmacy practice and standards of care.
- Take a leadership role in maintaining positive and productive day-to-day facility relationships, addressing and resolving issues in a timely manner as they arise.
- Work with all departments to insure that all aspects of pharmacy and consulting services operate efficiently and effectively.
- Build customer knowledge, resolve problems, and develop measures that will support a process of continuous improvement in patient care and drug use outcomes.
- Work with the Education Coordinator to develop and implement educational and training programs for pharmacy and facility staff.
- Continuously improve the safety of the medication use process by working with pharmacy and facility staff to develop and implement strategies to reduce the incidence of medication errors and adverse drug reactions.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and apply team building and quality management principles to continuously measure and improve service quality and drug use outcomes.
- Hire, manage performance, develop and train assigned employees.
- Active IL Pharmacist license in good standing
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy or PharmD.
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist accreditation required (may be obtained on the job).
- At least 5 years LTC experience, with a minimum of 3 years consulting.
- Previous supervisory/management experience a plus.
- Valid state driver's license and the willingness to travel to facilities serviced by Forum.
- Familiarity with pharmacy dispensing and consulting software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
A competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits and great growth potential within a team of empowered professionals will be offered to the successful candidate.
A full job description will be provided to all qualified and interested candidates.
For more information and immediate consideration, send resume today!
EEO Employer (We are a pharmacy-exclusive recruitment firm partnering with the premier pharmacy organizations in the USA. We never charge a fee to the candidates we represent.)