Job Description - Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Ambulatory Care - UC Medical Center (065512)
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Ambulatory Care - UC Medical Center ( Job Number: 065512 )
Description At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our common purpose: to advance healing and reduce suffering.
As the region's adult academic health system, we strive for innovation and provide world-class care for not only our community, but patients from all over the world. Join our team and you'll be able to develop your skills, grow your career, build relationships with your peers and patients, and help us be a source of hope for our friends and neighbors.
UC Health is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of employment. Primary Purpose:
Under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (CPS) provides specialized clinical pharmacy services to patients receiving care under the medical direction of a general or specialty department, division, or service, regardless of the physical location of the patient within the hospital or ambulatory clinics. The CPS coordinates these clinical services with other health care practitioners and patients through direct and indirect patient care activities, education, and project management/research within the specialty area. The CPS also collaborates with other members of pharmacy and the interdisciplinary team to resolve problems related to drug distribution that occur on their assigned nursing unit area(s) or patient care team(s)/service(s). The CPS works to achieve desired patient-centered outcomes through supporting the provision of safe, cost-effective, evidence-based medication therapy.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
Master's degree, minimum required. PharmD, preferred degree.
License and Certification
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 pharmacy residency, with preference for ASHP accredited PGY2 and/or fellowship in specialty area.
- Significant research contributions and medication use evaluation (MUE) activity in specialty area of practice, preferred.
- Recognized as an expert in field of specialty (locally, regionally, or nationally) through professional service, presentations, and/or publications.
: Registered pharmacist or eligible for licensure in Ohio. Current certification in Basic Life Support (BSL) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Years of Experience:
One to two years equivalent experience, preferred. Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrate and apply in-depth knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacotherapy, pathophysiology, and the clinical signs, symptoms, and natural history of diseases and/or disorders.
- Demonstrate evidence of exceptional teaching, writing, and communication skills.
- Development of clinical pathways/medication use guidelines.
- MUE and project design and data synthesis.
- Electronic database management.
Organization - UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEDICAL CENTER, LLC
Primary Location - UC Medical Center - 234 Goodman Street - Cincinnati, OH