The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Cardiology will be responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical care of cardiac patients at Johnson City Medical Center (JCMC). Responsibilities include the evaluation of drug therapy orders and medication profiles, monitoring drug dosing and administration regimens, evaluation of adverse reactions and drug/drug interactions, provision of drug information and recommendations on cost containment issues. The Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Cardiology will round with the Cardiology team consisting of attending cardiologists and cardiology fellows from East Tennessee State University (ETSU).
In addition to direct patient care activities, the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Cardiology will be responsible for:
• developing and updating policies and procedures, protocols, and order sets
• precepting Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) students, PGY1 Pharmacy residents, PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy resident and medical residents; additional educational opportunities include providing pharmacy in-services, lecturing to PharmD students, and patient and family education as needed.
• participating in clinical research projects
• assisting in formulary management by performing medication use evaluations (MUEs) and formulary reviews
• responding to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Code Blue) alerts
• participating in multidisciplinary quality improvement committees
This individual shall possess the personal characteristics necessary for successfully fulfilling his/her responsibilities. These characteristics include flexibility, attention to detail, initiative, cooperation, ability to work with other clinical pharmacists, and a commitment to continuing professional development.
Adherence to all Ballad Health policies and practices is required.
Pharmacist licensure in the state of Tennessee is required.
Work as a Cardiology Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in a collaborative and progressive environment located in the beautiful Appalachian Highlands.
Receive applications via a company website: