Union Health is expanding Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacy services with two new Clinical Pharmacist positions. EM Clinical Pharmacy Services were established in 2013 and are an integral part of the Emergency Department. The new positions will enjoy a 7 on 7 off rotation.
The Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for:
- Providing direct patient-centered care for emergency medicine patients.
- Participates in all aspects of the medication-use system while providing comprehensive and individualized pharmaceutical care as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Responds to medical emergencies
- Works closely with the Clinical Pharmacy Manager and Director of Pharmacy to develop goals for the department.
- Serves as a preceptor for the PGY-1 and EM PGY-2 residency programs.
- Serves as a preceptor for APPE rotations.
- Pharm.D. (preferred) or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Indiana Pharmacy license or eligible.
- PGY-1 residency or equivalent experience.
- PGY-2 residency or equivalent experience (preferred).