About ASHP - Do you thrive on innovation and change? Join our collective voice on issues related to medication use and public health. Engage with colleagues in an environment where we value different backgrounds and perspectives of all employees and strongly believe in the principles of inclusion. We are seeking a talented, detail-oriented Editorial Director to join our dynamic publishing team. In this important role, you will be a part of an award winning, collaborative and mission-driven organization. Our generous benefits, competitive wages and meaningful work are what makes ASHP an exciting and rewarding place to be!
Job Title: Editorial Director, ASHP Patient Medication Information (PMI)
Reports to: Vice President, ASHP Publishing Office
Job Summary:Is accountable for editorial activities related to the ASHP Patient Medication Information database including planning and scheduling, content development and updates, and facilitation of production and control of content used in licensed patient medication information and ASHP’s safemedication.com. Serves as an internal and external ASHP expert on patient medication information. Contributes to strategic initiatives to update and enhance ASHP’s patient medication information content and other ASHP Publishing products.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the ASHP Patient Medication Information editorial content to meet the information needs of licensees and ASHP’s constituency; advances the goals of ASHP’s publishing programs among current and expanded audiences; and maximizes revenue and margin to support member services.
- Performs ongoing tracking of new drug approvals and monitors changes in Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved prescribing information, AHFS Drug Information monographs, MedWatch notices, and other medication-related literature that affects Patient Medication Information (PMI) monographs.
- Prioritizes and schedules content development and updates based on current healthcare priorities.
- Develops and updates content used in licensed patient medication information and ASHP’s safemedication.com.
- Oversees contractor activities and serves as a contractor resource to ensure scheduled completion of work related to development, revision, and quality control of ASHP Patient Medication Information content.
- Oversees peer review and fact-checking review of ASHP Patient Medication Information content.
- Represents ASHP on issues related to patient medication information.
- Responds to all customer questions related to ASHP Patient Medication Information content.
- Completes the initial review and mitigation step determinations when errors involving ASHP Patient Medication Information content are reported.
- Applies knowledge of pharmacy practice to curate existing ASHP content for integration into ASHP Patient Medication Information content.
- Grants permission for the use of ASHP Patient Medication Information content and oversees permissions for ASHP’s use of other entities content in ASHP Patient Medication Information content.
- Partners with the Vice President ASHP Publishing Office to identify topics for new ASHP Patient Medication Information uses and licensing opportunities.
- In conjunction with the Vice President, prepares the AHFS budget components related to ASHP Patient Medication Information and monitors related expenses and revenue.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a pharmacy degree plus a working knowledge of the theories and standards of a relevant field or discipline in pharmacy, business, or association management.
- Pharm.D. or equivalent background in therapeutics preferred.
- Completion of ASHP-accredited residency preferred.
- Requires a minimum of five years of prior related work experience.
- Proficient background in pharmacy practice, pharmacology, therapeutics, and clinical use of drugs.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Experience in administration and supervising personnel and/or contractors.
- Experience in developing salable products or services.
- Exceptional medical writing skills including an ability to translate complex information to the 6-8th grade reading levels.
- Demonstrated competence in the critical selection, evaluation and utilization of drug literature.
- Deep understanding of drug information needs of health-care practitioners and consumers, preferably gained through direct patient care experience.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, changing environment as well as have the ability to prioritize tasks and work well independently or in a team. Must be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of pharmacy practice and ASHP members’ practice needs.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Professional and technical competence in the overall publishing process including synthesis and editing of highly technical content.
Note: ASHP has adopted many policies to keep staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic including a mandatory vaccination policy.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Note: This job is not eligible for visa sponsorship by ASHP.
Note: This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of Colorado. Colorado candidates will be required to relocate.