Type: Full-Time Faculty
Date: Available: Spring 2021
SUMMARY: The Chair is a full-time faculty member of the School of Pharmacy. With the appropriate/necessary course release, the Chair serves as the academic and administrative leader of the Department of Pharmacy Practice. Demonstrating expertise within the discipline of pharmacy practice, the Chair exemplifies and supports quality instruction and research, and guides the development of the same in the faculty of the department - ensuring the delivery of quality courses and professional practice experiences for students.
- Assist in the recruitment of faculty members of the department
- At the direction of the Dean, coordinate the supervision and review of faculty members in the department
- Manage the budget for the department
- Ensure the assessment of student learning and the continuous improvement of instruction in the department
- Support and mentor the research and other scholarly activities of faculty in the department, and hold the faculty accountable to/for the same
- Teach courses within the school of pharmacy in accordance with assigned workload requirements; up to 18 semester hours annually.
- Maintain personal engagement in service, scholarship, and research as established for the role of Chair by the Dean
- Support student recruitment, retention, and progression in collaboration with appropriate offices, and according to established policies, within the school and university
- At the direction of the Dean, the Chair supervises faculty within the department, including the activities of faculty which take place in clinical practice environments (in collaboration with the Director(s) of Experiential Programs)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited institution of higher education, along with the completion of a residency or pharmacy fellowship are required. Previous instructional experience within the profession of pharmacy and an established record of original research or scholarship is required. Previous administrative experience is preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Chair must demonstrate strong leadership qualities. Supervision of faculty within the department, including the activities of faculty which take place in clinical practice environments, is preferred. Additional qualifications will include experience in working in collaborative relationships, with evidence of a compassionate, cooperative spirit. Experience in the effective organization of duties and attention to detail ensuring that responsibilities are completed in a timely, efficient manner is required. Proven responsibility for expense management of the area budget is preferred.
Instructions for submitting a complete application are found at https://www.pba.edu/hr/faculty-administration-positions.html
Employer: Palm Beach Atlantic University
Location: West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Contact: Human Resources