Position Description:Assistant or Associate or Full Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Reports to: Chair of Pharmacy Practice Department
Location: New York, Harlem- TCOP
About the Touro College and University System
Touro is a system of non-profit institutions of higher and professional education. Touro College was chartered in 1970 primarily to enrich the Jewish heritage, and to serve the larger American and global community. Approximately 18,000 students are currently enrolled in its various schools and divisions, including 16 undergraduate, 12 graduate and seven professional schools. Touro College has 29 campuses, locations and instructional sites in the New York area, as well as branch campuses and programs in Berlin, Jerusalem, Moscow, and Paris. New York Medical College, Touro University California and its Nevada branch campus, as well as Touro University Worldwide and its Touro College Los Angeles division are separately accredited institutions within the Touro College and University System. For further information on Touro College, please go to: http://www.touro.edu
The Touro College of Pharmacy invites applications for 12-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor Ambulatory Care. Available practice Site is Bellevue Hospital Center in New York City.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
• Faculty will develop an innovative clinical practice in ambulatory care setting and serve as a preceptor and role model for students on introductory and advanced pharmacy practice experiences
• Faculty will provide didactic classroom teaching and recitation instruction on campus
• Faculty will provide service on college committees, attendance and participation in departmental meetings and will perform other faculty duties as appropriate
• Faculty will contribute to new knowledge (research) through research activities, poster presentations, publications, obtaining grants and/or contracts, clinical trials and other scholarly work.
• Faculty will provide reports and other documents as requested by Department Chairs, Directors and Deans
Education, Preparation, and Training
• The applicant should have a Pharm.D. Degree with post-graduate training- a PGY-1 and PGY-2 Residency preferably in ambulatory care or Fellowship or equivalent clinical experience
• Previous academic experience and board certification in an area appropriate for the applicant's training and experience (e.g., BCPS or BCACP) are preferred
• Must be eligible for licensure in the state of New York
• Strong commitment to teaching, practice, and scholarship
• Exemplary interpersonal, communication and organization skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Extensive Use of Computers
• Extensive time sitting and standing
• Able to lift up to 5 lbs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• As required
Salary and rank will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants should submit a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and the contact information of three references to: Dr. Nelly Adel PharmD., BCOP, BCPS, Chair of Pharmacy Practice, Touro College of Pharmacy via email: Nelly.Adel@touro.edu or via phone (646-981-4733). The subject line of your email should read: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Pharmacy Practice.