Outcomes Research and Pharmacoeconomics Clinical Specialist
Cleveland Clinic | Cleveland, OH
Cleveland Clinic is ranked among the nation’s top hospitals by U.S.News & World Report. That’s why people from across the country and around the world come here for care. As leaders in basic and clinical research, we offer exceptional career opportunities, as well as access to cutting-edge technology and innovative medical ideas.
This exciting opportunity involves working with clinicians and researchers across the Cleveland Clinic to lead and coordinate outcomes research and pharmacoeconomic evaluations. This position supports the clinical and operational strategies within the department to optimize patient care and improve efficiency. In this position, you will support all department of pharmacy research endeavors, serve as a content expert in biostatistics and research design, publish and present results of research projects, and provide research-related education and staff development.
The ideal candidate should have considerable experience collaborating on medication-related clinical research in an academic health care setting, with examples of creating analytic approaches to complex problems in health care. Excellent academic writing and communication skills must be clearly demonstrated, with verbal proficiency in the English language required.
The Outcomes Research and Pharmacoeconomics Clinical Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Establish strategic vision and provide oversight to expand the breadth and impact of research programs within the pharmacy enterprise.
- Improve the use of data and information in pharmacy operation decisions to foster the development of a learning healthcare system.
- Conduct research independently, and in conjunction with other clinical pharmacists and researchers.
- Support the clinical mission of the department through research of new and existing programs.
- Assist with the education of pharmacists and trainees in biostatistics and research design.
- Serve as a member or liaison with the Cleveland Clinic Institutional Review Board, Research Compliance Committee, and Office of Sponsored Research.
- Assist in the pharmacoeconomic evaluations of current formulary medications and new requests.
- Drive recognition of the Cleveland Clinic Department of Pharmacy as a leader in high-quality, impactful research capable of improving patient care.
- Present at local, state, and national meetings.
- PharmD or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous clinical pharmacy experience or post-graduate clinical pharmacy training
- Demonstrated expertise with research design, collaborative research implementation, biostatistics, presentations, and medical writing
- Current state licensure as a Pharmacist or eligible for reciprocation within 90 days of hire
- Masters in related discipline (statistics, epidemiology, clinical research, public health, health economics) preferred
- Additional training in outcomes research preferred
- Working knowledge of data science, existing population registries, research grant funding preferred
Cleveland Clinic strives to reward dedication with an integrated and comprehensive benefits program that meets the needs of a diverse workforce and provides meaningful choices. Along with pension/savings plans, wellness programs and medical/dental/vision coverage, we offer flexible spending plans, life insurance and disability plans, paid time off, tuition assistance program, and reimbursement for professional certification.
Learn more and apply now at: http://jobs.clevelandclinic.org/home/job-info?id=39727200&t=Pharmacoeconomics-Clinical-Specialist-Pharmacy-Job