Senior Content Management Consultant - Gastroenterology/Hepatology
An exciting opportunity for a pharmacist to join a team of vibrant, innovative pharmacists, physicians, and nurses who synthesize quality drug information for healthcare practitioners’ use across the globe. The pharmacist in this role will be working within the referential drug team in the development and maintenance of drug monographs and have a specialized focus on gastrointestinal drug therapies . Using clinical expertise, they will participate in core pharmacology content development (eg, gastroenterology, hepatology, and general internal medicine), and in collaborative projects with the UpToDate staff to enhance content within the Clinical Effectiveness solutions (UpToDate, Lexicomp, Facts & Comparisons).
- Creates content in the area of gastrointestinal pharmacology and therapeutics, requiring analysis and synthesis of evidence, including peer-reviewed literature, treatment guidelines, product labeling, and clinical practice experience including collaboration with expert clinical consultants in the field.
- Conducts peer review of content development (eg, professional drug monographs, projects)
- Maintains external expert consultant relationships to facilitate qualification and synthesis of content and provide expert opinion.
- Collaboratively coordinates surveillance of drugs and therapeutic developments within drug treatments for gastrointestinal disorders, hepatic, and drug-induced liver disease for the core pharmacology database updates.
- Participates in reconciliation of content across referential databases and other database maintenance projects
- Works on a specialty team (eg, internal medicine, gastroenterology, hepatology) to edit created content for publication.
- Represents WKH-Clinical Solutions in a positive, professional, and customer-focused manner. Treats fellow employees and customers in a Fair, Honest, Responsive, and Results-Oriented manner.
- Applies clinical experience and knowledge of statistics, and research principles when evaluating and interpreting scientific literature and other evidence.
- Couples clinical experience with synthesis of evidence to determine appropriate, meaningful inclusion of new information in referential or data-driven clinical decision support databases.
- Assesses and mitigates risks of drug therapy and clinical decision support based on knowledge of pharmacotherapy as well as disease/condition and patient-specific variables.
- Responsible for creating and revising high quality drug information (referential/embedded) consistent with the format and structure of the databases.
- Participates/collaborates in the transformation and/or review of content transformed between referential sources and defined content structures for embedded datasets.
- Submits work for collaborative peer review and responds appropriately to comments and criticisms. As a member of the team, critically, professionally, and thoroughly reviews the work of others to prompt improvements in clarity, consistency, accuracy, and accessibility to information across the spectrum of healthcare providers. Understands the use of the data by customers and factors this awareness into decisions. Identifies and corrects omissions or quality issues in the content.
- Anticipates in discussions or issues and identifies creative ways to solve problems and/or mitigate risks.
- Assists with development and implementation of content updates with adherence to policies/procedures and best practices for high quality work. Clearly articulates WKH policies, and processes.
- Achieves productivity by consistently meeting deadlines as defined in the Content Priority Policy and by meeting departmental and individual goals.
- Maintains currency in practice domain as well as industry knowledge via reading, attendance at professional meetings/educational conferences, and other activities (i.e. clinical practice, teaching, research, discussions, etc.). Develops and maintains professional relationships.
- Shares information and expertise with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Participates in the process of new product development or enhancements. Provides input for product design from a clinical perspective. Participates in the design and enhancement of tools used to manage content. Responds promptly to marketing and sales feedback (when appropriate) to introduce new information and/or concepts into the database.
- Provides a high level of customer service by offering customer and client support on an as needed basis, as well as responds in a timely and accurate manner to queries regarding content. Understands the needs and expectations of the assessment and validation of client problem. Ensures quality responses (written and verbal) to customer inquiries. Works with other departments and authors to improve data/products and their appeal to selected segments of the market as requested.
- Produces timely and accurate reports. Participates in the collection of data regarding updates (source, nature of update, and timing of response/integration) and reliably maintains data in existing workflow tools. Facilitates the documentation and reporting of quality issues per corporate policy.
- Education: Minimum: Pharm D with gastroenterology and hepatology expertise
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical practice experience in Gastroenterology, A clinical residency in Internal medicine or ambulatory care with emphasis in GI or equivalent clinical experience.
- Board certification in pharmacotherapy or a specific sub-specialty is desirable.
- Pharmacy License
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including Excel and Word.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Innovation - Generates new ideas; goes beyond the status quo; recognizes the need for new or modified approaches; brings perspectives and approaches together and combines them in creative ways. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Analysis - Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses logic in analysis
- Customer Service - Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer feed-back and uses it to improve products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind.
- Written Communication - Conveys information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents (memos, email, letters, status reports, technical papers, etc.); reviews and edits own and others’ work constructively.
- Commitment - Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them
- Product Knowledge - Knows Lexi-Comp products and services; keeps knowledge base current.
- Speaking - Speaks clearly and expresses ideas/thoughts well, in groups and in one-on-one conversations
- Listening - Demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively with others to be an integral member of a team, and to energize and unite team members towards common goals. Sees oneself as part of a larger organizational team and promotes coordination and cooperation throughout the organization
- Judgment/ Decision Effectiveness - Considers alternative solutions based on all available information before making timely decisions; synthesizes a variety of factors and thought processes to develop an appropriate course of action. Produces both effective and practical decisions or problem solutions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, clinical experience, and judgment and synthesis from literature, clinical practice experience, and collaboration with others (Consultants, UTD Deputy Editors and Authors).
- Efficiency - Allocates one’s own time efficiently; handles multiple demands and competing priorities
- Organization - Organizes individuals, tasks, or resources to accomplish goals and objectives.