Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Pharmacist will serve as a liaison between physicians, patients, and Avella staff to ensure optimal patient care. The Pharmacist's responsibilities include patient telephonic contact, documentation of interactions, coordination of care with providers, and working with Avella operational staff to ensure compliance with medication REMS, data, and clinical management.
The role of the Pharmacist is to manage all of the clinical programs administered by Avella Mail Order Facility, and is dedicated to day to day workflow and productivity metrics with primary goals designed to deliver on sales / marketing message(s).
* Provides pharmacy services to patient and medical practitioners; Fills prescriptions, dispenses medicines, and counsels patients and medical practitioners regarding the nature and use of drugs
* Acts as primary operational pharmacist completing verification of data and product on rotating schedule
* Provides answers to clinical questions from inbound callers and pharmacy support staff
* Completes outbound calls to patients and medical practitioners related to necessary clarification of prescriptions
* Assists with medication therapy management patient consultations
* Oversees the preparation and dispensing of prescription medications to patients or medical practitioners
* Oversees the preparation of all necessary records on prescriptions and patient charges
* Follows established policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and / or infection control standards
* Knowledge of the use, clinical effects, and composition of drugs, including their chemical, biological, and physical properties
* Additional tasks may be assigned upon discretion of pharmacist in charge
* Required to complete examination and obtain pharmacist license(s) in additional states as required supporting mail order operations
* Availability to staff Saturday business hours and provide on-call coverage at Deer Valley facility on rotating basis
* Requires an average 45-hour work week
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
* BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D degree
* Current and unrestricted pharmacist licensure in the state of Arizona
* Completion of PGY1 Residency
* 1+ year of experience working as a licensed pharmacist
* Retail Pharmacy experience
* Specialty Pharmacy experience
* Fertility Pharmacy experience
Careers with Optum Infusion Pharmacy. If you choose a career with Optum Infusion Pharmacy, you'll join a team that is dedicated not only to delivering the latest in-home infusion therapy, but also providing that care in a patient-first approach that offers better outcomes. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we strive to help our patients feel comfortable in their regimen so they can receive the treatment they need while maintaining the lifestyle they prefer. At Optum Infusion Pharmacy, you'll join a team that inspires you to do better every day, resulting in your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Specialty Pharmacist, Pharmacist, Pharmacy, PharmD, Specialty, Mail Order, Fulfillment, Avella, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, Optum, UHG, UnitedHealth Group