Specialty Pharmacist - Oncology
We Are Hiring
Ascension Rx is hiring a Specialty Pharmacist to join the team!
Would you like the opportunity to help build the patient-centered approach, enhancing the patient’s specialty medication experience?
Full-Time | Days | Sacred Heart Oncology Group at Destin
What You Will Do
The embedded specialty pharmacist is responsible for providing specialty pharmacy care services for the clinic site(s). Serve as the subject matter expert in pharmacy discipline and function as a key member of the multidisciplinary care team to ensure all clinical, operational, and prescription throughput process needs are met. Assures the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in specialized areas, such as hematology/oncology, cardiology, infectious disease, neurology, rheumatology, etc.
● Effectively integrate into clinic site setting and collaborate with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care providers as a member of the multidisciplinary team to facilitate exemplary pharmacy care services to patients
● Demonstrate the value of our specialty pharmacy partnership to clinic sites/practices
● Complete patient education and comprehensive patient assessments, including medication history, laboratory values, past medical history, pertinent physical assessment, and patient interview
● Performs medication therapy and disease state management, which may include critically evaluating disease states and adjusting medication therapy to optimize patient medication regimens and improve clinical outcomes
● Ensure prescriptions flow through to Ascension Rx specialty pharmacy and are identified by pharmacy staff when appropriate
● Collaboratively address financial issues to ensure patient receipt of needed medications
● Effectively navigate patient prescriptions, including those that are either limited distribution drugs or out-of-network
What You Will Need
● Required Credential(s): ○ Pharmacist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required
. ● Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 pharmacy residency is preferred
● Previous work experience with specialty pharmacy and or in an ambulatory clinic setting is preferred
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster SupplementPlease note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants