A growing specialty pharmacy, has a career opportunity for a Pharmacist In Charge. Job Requirements:Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with patient care quality standards.
- Participate in the purchase and inventory maintenance of all pharmaceuticals and related substances and supplies.
- Participate in the department's planning, revenue analysis, budgeting, education, and human resource management activities.
- Consult with and advise Executive Team, clinical staff, and department managers on quality, regulatory and risk issues within the department of Pharmacy.
- Participate in all regulatory body surveys.
- Support and serve as a consultant to all clinical staff and employees on pharmaceutical-related issues.
- Review and analyze records to indicate prescribing trends and excessive usage.
- Participate to ensure that pharmacy staff has the necessary skills and equipment to provide appropriate pharmaceutical care.
- Participate to ensure that departmental commitment to patient care consists of prompt, accurate, and courteous responding to physician, nursing, and patient requests.
- Participate in the coordination of drug recalls from manufacturers and maintains a process for the control of outdated medications.
- Participate in the coordination of clinical pharmacy services to include but not be limited to the following: answering drug information requests, drug therapy monitoring prevention of drug interactions, patient education, medication reconciliation, and contributing towards in-service education of staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy is required from an accredited college of pharmacy, Master's and PharmD preferred.
- Current TX Pharmacist license.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in managing Pharmacist & Techs.