Heart Failure Pharmacy Clinical Specialist
Pharmacy Clinical Specialist to provide clinical services to outpatient heart failure clinic. The specialist will interact with physician and midlevel providers under a collaborative agreement to make recommendations and modify medication therapy for select HF patient population. Activities include:
- Heart failure medication optimization aligning with guideline directed medication therapy
- Blood pressure, dyslipidemia, diabetes, and smoking cessation management for HFrEF and HFpEF patients
- Pre-heart transplant and LVAD evaluations, medication review/education, and post-heart transplant CMV management
- Assist with post discharge transition of care medication review, optimization, and education
Pharmacist will participate in departmental goals and projects associated with the clinic and be involved in education of pharmacy staff, nurses and physicians including opportunities to precept pharmacy students and residents within the clinic.
- PharmD or Bachelors of Science degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy and completion of a post-graduate residency or fellowship training required.
- Completion of a post-graduate year 2 residency (PGY2) or fellowship required or
- Completion of a post-graduate year 1 residency (PGY-1) plus 3 years of experience as a clinical specialist or equivalent role which includes providing pharmaceutical care and performing pharmacotherapeutic monitoring including 50% or more of time spent in the specialty area or
- 5 years of experience as a clinical specialist or equivalent role which includes providing pharmaceutical care and performing pharmacotherapeutic monitoring including 50% or more of time spent in the specialty area.
Pharmacy Mission: To provide patient focused pharmacy practice across the continuum of care through innovation, education, and research
Cleveland Clinic strives to reward dedication with an integrated and comprehensive benefits program that meets the needs of a diverse workforce and provides meaningful choices. Along with pension/savings plans, wellness programs and medical/dental/vision coverage, we offer flexible spending plans, life insurance and disability plans, paid time off, tuition assistance program, and reimbursement for professional certification.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.
Daniel Lewis, PharmD, MBA, BCPS
Pharmacy Director, Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute
Department of Pharmacy
Apply for Heart Failure Pharmacy Clinical Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly