Clinical Assistant Professor, Adult Medicine, Department of Pharmacy Practice
2 days left
- Work Setting
- College / University
Binghamton University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences invites applications for a full-time, Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice. This 12- month non-tenure track position offers an exciting opportunity to be a member of an innovative developing program. A strong interest in research is required. The School assists you in developing a research program through an individualized mentoring team and assistance of our grants office. The opportunity to collaborate with top faculty researchers in clinical pharmacy, pharmaceutical sciences, health outcomes and administrative sciences, as well as transdisciplinary scientists across Binghamton University. Faculty will also be expected to develop an innovative clinical practice site and serve as a preceptor for students on introductory and advanced pharmacy practice experiences. The School has established affiliations and has faculty practicing within the major medical centers in the Southern Tier, Upstate areas of New York, and Northwell Health System on Long Island. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Individuals trained in any BPS specialty are welcome to apply.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
· Provide evidence-based medicine and compassionate patient-centered care working with our community partners while precepting our students in institutional direct patient care introductory pharmacy practice experiences, adult internal medicine advanced pharmacy practice experiences, and the capstone research course.
· Develop and sustain scholarship in an area appropriate to clinical science.
· Collaborate with other departmental faculty in the School to develop and deliver an integrated educational experience for students.
· Demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence in the provision of instruction and assessment of student learning outcomes in the integrated pharmacotherapy series, clinical skills, and other appropriate didactic curriculum.
· Contribute service to the profession and our community.
The successful candidate must possess a PharmD degree, have either completed a PGY-2 residency or be board certified in a BPS specialty by August 2022, and be eligible for licensure in the State of New York or Pennsylvania. Prior experience as a faculty member/adjunct faculty at a school/college of pharmacy and at least two years of relevant post-PharmD experience in a healthcare setting are desirable.