Pharmacy Coordinator Pediatrics
Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive drug therapy management programs which optimize patient outcomes and improve overall care across the continuum. Oversee and support the day-to-day operations of the assigned pharmacy areas or clinical specialties, including management of pharmacy staff and workflow processes. Is expected to provide pharmacist services as required.
- Provides clinical and operational oversight and accountability with the responsible management team of the assigned pharmacy areas.
- Fulfills pharmacist duties and responsibilities as required in their practice area.
- Develops, prepares and implements guidelines, protocols, education materials and other resources for Enterprise Pharmacy.
- Functions as a collaborative, engaged team member in all interactions within Enterprise Pharmacy as well as with other departments in management forums and multidisciplinary committees.
- Ensures efficient operations and appropriate medication therapy management across the continuum of care and in collaboration with our care team partners.
- Provides administrative leadership support to the Enterprise Pharmacy Leadership team in the specified areas.
- Emphasizes, supports and develops the pharmacist provider as an integral part of the health care team.
- Assures compliance of the assigned pharmacy areas with accreditation bodies and maintains compliance with regulatory and corporate compliance standards.
- Works in conjunction with the leadership team in the development, revision, and auditing of the department’s policies, clinical and operational procedures and collaborative practice agreements.
- Accountable for maintaining standards, clinical activities, operational activities and performance outcomes that meet clinical, operational and market needs in the areas of clinical and operational efficiency, quality and patient satisfaction.
- Provides oversight for appropriate medication utilization; Identifies factors driving medication utilization and cost trends.
- Identifies changes in utilization and costs occurring within the assigned pharmacy areas.
- Implements standards, measures performance, and acts to promote a culture of caring, not only with patients and their families but with coworkers and all other members of the health care team; Assists Enterprise Pharmacy leadership with responsibilities for the financial performance of all assigned areas; Responsible for establishing, monitoring, communicating, achieving and continuously improving system performance parameters related to pharmacy practice.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Communication Skills; Team Player; HR Policies, Standards And Procedures; Office Politics And Confidentiality; Computer Skills; Healthcare Regulatory Environment
Bachelor's Degree-Pharmacy (Required)
Minimum of 4 years-Clinical (Required)
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.