Applicable Position Description: Clinical Pharmacist
Practice or research specialty/focus of the position: Adult Inpatient
Position Summary: This clinical pharmacist position in the Clinical and Patient Care Services Division provides clinical pharmacy services, including order verification, clinical monitoring, and support of clinical pharmacy and departmental programs. Responsibilities include:
- Maintains outstanding skills as a clinical pharmacy practitioner and consistently demonstrates the value of pharmacy services.
- Provides clinical pharmacy services to various patient care units across the hospital
- Provides discharge medication reconciliation and contributes to ongoing hospital and department transitions of care initiatives
- Educates medical, nursing, and pharmacy staff about the management, prescribing and monitoring of therapies used in patient care area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to the Department of Pharmacy for area(s) of expertise.
- Participates in departmental and hospital committees and initiatives related to practice area.
- Contributes to student and resident education.
- Provides educational lectures and/or participates in research (Duke, State/Local, National).
- Works with peers to achieve division and departmental goals.
- Takes responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Maintains familiarity with all departmental programs and works as integral part of the pharmacy team.
Required or desired credentials or experience of applicants: Pharm.D.; 2+ years of practice experience desired; PGY1 or Pharmacy Practice Residency preferred; Licensed or eligible to practice pharmacy in North Carolina
Description of institution/organization: Duke University Hospital is a 954-bed tertiary care teaching facility offering a broad array of inpatient and ambulatory care services. The Department of Pharmacy provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients with a staff of more than 100 pharmacists and 120 technicians. Located within the Research Triangle, Duke University and the region offer an excellent quality of life, including close proximity to the North Carolina beaches and mountains. For more information on Duke University Hospital see our web page at www.dukehealth.org/about_duke.
Contact Information: Anees Kanorwala, PharmD, BCPS; Clinical Manager, Clinical and Patient Care Services, Duke University Hospital. Phone: (919) 681-7496, email: email@example.com
Apply for Clinical Pharmacist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly