The Director of Pharmacy is responsible for the Critical Care and Neurology service lines, including 20 Clinical Pharmacists and Pharmacy Specialists practicing in the Medical ICU, Surgical ICU, Neuro ICU, and Neurology step-down units as well as ambulatory practices in epilepsy, neurology, and a novel Post-ICU Recovery Clinic. Oversight also includes Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases service lines and 24/7 operations of the Central Pharmacy through support of two pharmacy managers and two assistant managers. Working in conjunction with the Associate Chief Pharmacy Officer, the Director of Pharmacy is accountable for establishing and advancing pharmacy practice through continuous improvement to optimize patient outcomes, support medication safety, and drive financial stewardship.
Cleveland Clinic strives to reward dedication with an integrated and comprehensive benefits program that meets the needs of a diverse workforce and provides meaningful choices. Along with pension/savings plans, wellness programs and medical/dental/vision coverage, we offer flexible spending plans, life insurance and disability plans, paid time off, tuition assistance program, and reimbursement for professional certification.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.
- Advanced degree -- PharmD., Master's of Science degree, or Master's of Business Administration degree -- and preferably residency-trained.
- A minimum of 10 years in an equivalent role within a health system environment may offset the advanced degree requirement.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh) or eligible for reciprocation in current State within 90 days of hire.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible leadership positions with a distinguished record of clinical practice.
- Experience in a large, tertiary care medical center preferred.