Applications for the ACCP Professional Leadership Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) are now being accepted for the 2023–2024 academic year. The ACCP APPE is designed to provide students pursuing a Pharm.D. degree with an opportunity to learn about leadership within a professional organization from the perspectives of both elected leaders and staff, with a syllabus incorporating both individual and group discussions, journal clubs, presentations, and writing projects. This virtual rotation allows students to interact with staff from both the Lenexa, Kansas, and Washington, DC, offices, as well as elected leaders throughout the United States. On-site visits can be arranged for students wishing to visit either of the ACCP offices. The rotation lasts 4–6 weeks, depending on the duration preferred by the academic institution.
2023–2024 Rotation Syllabus Contents
- Professional Associations and the Value of Engagement
- ACCP’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values
- Leadership Principles
- Choosing to Lead: A Panel Discussion with the Presidential Officers
- Developing a Strategic Plan
- Encouraging Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Practice Advancement
- Policy and Professional Affairs/Advocacy
- Introduction to the ACCP/ASHP/VCU policy fellow
- Government Affairs
- ACCP Foundation: Mission, Programs, and Philanthropy
- The Importance of Supporting Research
- Publishing and the Importance of Peer Review
- Charting Your Path
Students for the 2023–2024 rotation will be selected on the basis of their completed application, consisting of their curriculum vitae, their letter of intent, and two letters of recommendation. Additional instructions are included on the application link. Applicants must also include a letter from the experiential education program administrator or designee at their school or college to ensure coordination of rotation scheduling and establishment of an affiliation agreement. Students are responsible for any expenses associated with the rotation.
The 2023–2024 application is available here. The deadline for applications is November 1, 2022. Students will be notified by December 1, 2022. Academic institutions interested in this opportunity may also contact ACCP for additional details at firstname.lastname@example.org.